We know we talk a lot about corporate wellness activities here on the Fitspot blog. (We are a corporate wellness company, after all.) But sometimes, the term “corporate wellness” brings to mind some not-so-exciting stuff. For example, while biometric screenings or health risk assessments are important, they won’t exactly make your employees’ eyes light up with enthusiasm.
However, there are tons of ways to bring in wellness activities and services that are anything but basic or boring. Below are a few ideas that go way beyond your usual yoga class. Besides being a ton of fun, they’re guaranteed to inspire and motivate employees to reach their personal wellness goals and make healthy habits stick.
metronidazole OTC buy now 1. Make-Your-Own-Smoothie Bar: Set up a selection of fruits, veggies, protein powders, and nut milk, along with a blender, in the office break room, so people can create their own delicious smoothies. Also offer healthy toppings such as low-sugar granola, chia seeds, or coconut flakes.
can you buy amoxicillin otc 2. Do “Doga.” Yes, that stands for dog yoga, and yes, it’s a real thing. Goat yoga also exists, if that’s more your style. Either way, when you partner with Fitspot, we can look into programs like this in your area that can help make this dream a reality.
buy azithromycin over the counter 3. Design Your Own Trail Mix Station: In the break room, place containers nuts (think almonds, cashews, peanuts), cereals, dried fruits, coconut flakes that people can mix and match to create a personalized trail mix. (These ingredients are all fairly inexpensive, especially when you buy in bulk!)
3. Nutritionist Lunch and Learn: Invite a registered dietitian to come into your office and demo how to build a nutritious lunch (without missing out on flavor). Even better: Host the event alongside a free lunch bar, so the health expert can walk employees through building the perfect bowl. (P.S. If you’re a Fitspot partner, we can arrange all of this for you!)
4. Proper Ergonomics Check-Ups: Invite in a physical therapist or personal trainer for an afternoon. He or she can visit people’s desks to make sure they’re set up for ideal back and neck alignment, helping people prevent pains and injury.
5. Matcha and Meditation: Matcha is a hot tea drink that’s all the rage in the wellness world, and it pairs perfectly with meditation. We can arrange for an expert to come in and teach a meditation session while your employees enjoy a warming, energizing cup of matcha tea.
6. Healthy Happy Hour: Instead of the usual suspects, serve employees biodynamic wines, low-alcohol beers, or even kombucha to sip on, as a wellness experts explains the benefits of these healthier offerings.
7. Essential Oils Workshop: These scented oils have a host of health benefits, but you have to know how to use them properly. We can help find an expert educated in essential oils to teach a class—and people can even create their own oils to help whatever ails them.
8. Bike-to-Work Week: Encourage employees to swap their car for a bike for a week. If people are interested but don’t have wheels, consider renting bikes from a local bike shop to offer employees to take for a “test drive.
9. Bring-Your-Dog-to-Work-Day: Not only is it common sense, but science shows that having pups around in the office can perk up people’s moods and create camaraderie.
10. Order a Weekly CSA Delivery Box: Not everyone has time to go to the farmer’s market on the weekend. To help employees eat better, both at the office and home, you can arrange for a box of fresh fruits and veggies from a community supported agricultural group (CSA) to arrive at the office every week. Use this website to find local CSA groups in your area.
11. Manicure Stations: The perfect Friday afternoon activity, our manicure stations are always a hit. (Even men can get hand massages and a cuticle clean-up!)
12. Stock Healthier Snacks: No more excuses for Doritos and Oreos in your office pantry! Thanks to services like Instacart, FreshDirect, and Amazon’s grocery delivery service, it’s easier than ever to order a selection of healthy snacks for your break room, no matter what your budget.
13. Daily Push-up Challenge: Fitspot’s sales team has instituted a one-minute push-up challenge every day at 3 p.m., which is a blast (both to watch and participate in). It brings teammates together and gets their blood pumping to stave off the late-afternoon slump.