So you have a workplace wellness program. That’s the first step. What does your programming entail? Are you doing fitness classes? Biometric screenings? The most important question, regardless of what you are offering: how is engagement? Chances are, there’s always room to grow your participation, and the key could simply be what you’re offering. Maybe it’s time to add a balanced, inclusive option to your workplace wellness programs, with Fitspot’s wellness experiences. After all, being healthy at work encompasses more than just fitness.
Fitspot recognizes that not everyone is ready to work out in their workplace. Our goal is to make our wellness programs inclusive to everyone by creating a wellness experience that any employee or tenant can enjoy, without having to do anything but show up. Our team strives to think outside the box when it comes to creating unique, engaging wellness programs.
What is a Fitspot wellness experience? Our wellness experiences focus on bringing together your community with engaging activities centered around holistic wellness. You pick the location, whether a lobby or common space, and we do everything else to create an experience worth stepping away from the desk. From grab n’ go juice bars to chair massages, essential oil blending to kombucha happy hours, our wellness experiences aim to capture employees and tenants across your workplace. Because who doesn’t love a little break from the daily grind, a change in scenery, and something new and different to talk about with coworkers.
A few of our favorite wellness experiences:
Kombucha Happy Hours
Not sure what kombucha is and how it can benefit you? Read on to find out what’s inside this bubbly health drink.
Juice and Smoothie Bars
An easy grab-n-go option for busy workers, here’s what to expect when Fitspot brings a juice bar to you.
Essential Oil Blending
Did you know essential oils can help boost mood, soothe sore muscles, and relieve stress? Find out how to blend oils to fit your mood.
Make-Your-Own Trail Mix
Snacking throughout the day is better than eating large, heavy meals, and trail mix is a great way to enjoy a serving of healthy fats and protein.
Massage in the workplace is a quick way to relieve stress, and you can see benefits in just 10 minutes!
Here’s Why You Should Add Wellness Experiences
- They’re inclusive to all. There are no physical limitations that prevent you from joining. Experiences provide a touchpoint to those that may not be comfortable with physical wellness offerings, such as fitness classes.
- There’s minimal commitment. Unlike an hour-long fitness class, wellness experiences can take as little or as much time as you want.
- Wellness experiences have been proven to increase participation. Our clients see up to 90 percent participation in the above wellness experiences, and a majority of surveyed Fitspot participants want to see wellness experiences happen again in their workplace.
- They bring together the community. Wellness experiences are an excuse to step away from work and engage with fellow coworkers or tenants. A bonus: 93 percent of surveyed Fitspot participants feel more positively about their company or property.
- They encourage lifestyle changes. You can take the education and habits learned at a wellness experience and incorporate into your lifestyle, such as learning how to create a healthy snack mix, or what ingredients to add to your smoothies.
- You can try a variety of wellness products that you may not have been aware of before. Never had kombucha and don’t want to commit to buying a full bottle? Kombucha happy hours offer a sizable taste to help make up your mind. Not sure what essential oils are right for you – try out your own blend!
When you think of feeling healthy, it extends beyond the gym. Your nutrition, your mental health, and your stress levels all contribute to overall well-being. That’s why Fitspot’s wellness experiences balance fitness programming by including services that support mental health, nutrition, restoration, and movement.
Broaden the success of your wellness program – contact us to find out how you can bring wellness experiences to your workplace!
Alexa is the Marketing Manager at Fitspot. She’s a storyteller and wordsmith who writes anything from blog posts to e-books to infographics. She’s passionate about running and fitness, and loves to share the Fitspot message of workplace wellness everywhere!