Is the same old tupperware day after day getting boring? Here’s a hint: Just because it’s called a “brown bag lunch” doesn’t mean you need to use a brown bag. In fact, using portable products that are both cute and functional will make it easier—and more fun—to bring your lunch to your work.
We’ve scoured the web to find seven ingenious products, from mini hot sauces to freezable lunch bags, that will seriously spice up your lunch hour. All you have to do now is figure out what to pack! (Need inspiration? Here are 19 delicious 3-ingredient lunches to bring to work.)
1. Mason Jars: This glassware is perfect for bringing fresh salads to the work—just layer in ingredients from heaviest to lightest. (Starting at $8.69 for 12; Walmart)
2. Mini Hot Sauce: Keep these at your desk so you’ll never be turned off by bland leftovers again. ($5 for 6; World Market)
3. Lunch Box Book: Perfect for kids or young-at-heart adults, this cheeky container can fit a sandwich or salad and a side. ($30; Black+Blum)
Want more quirky yet useful products to keep at your desk? Check out these 13 desk essentials that hep you stay healthy at work.
4. Bentgo Glass Lunchbox: With three compartments and a leak-proof lid, this bento-box style container makes it easy to pack a healthy to-go lunch. ($22; bentgo.com)
5. Lunch Pot: This adorable container has two watertight compartments that stack on top of each other, and comes with a carrying strap and detachable “spork.” Perfect for soup and toppings, or yogurt and berries. ($25; Black+Blum)
6. Insulated Lunch Bag: This stylish (and washable!) container will seriously step up your brown-bag game. ($9; Amazon)
7. PackIt Freezeable Lunch Bag: No fridge? No problem. This freezable lunch bag keeps your food cold for hours. ($18; Amazon)
Jonathan is the Co-Founder and CEO of Fitspot. He co-founded Fitspot in 2016. As any CEO, he is doing anything from fundraising to closing deals, to planning for the future of Fitspot. Jon is a pizza aficionado who’s on the hunt for the best slice of pizza in NYC.